Pages: 718 pages
Format: 12,7 x 18,7 cm
Revisions in the UBS 5th Revised Edition of the Greek New Testament
- The readings of the newly discovered Papyri 117 – 127 have been incorporated into this edition, thereby opening up an interesting perspective particularly for the Acts of the Apostles. It is now displayed in the apparatus, where selected modern Bible translations (English, German, French, and Spanish) are based on a variant reading rather than principal version of the text.
- A special focus of the revision was on the Catholic Epistles, in which the edition has been made consistent with the Second Edition of the “Editio Critica Maior” and the 28th Edition of the Nestle-Aland Novum Testamentum Graece. This led to the more than thirty modifications in the reading text and resulted in a new selection of witnesses for the textual apparatus, in addition to the selection of apparatus units.
- The Discourse Segmentation Apparatus has undergone revision.
- The edition was typeset with a new, aesthetically appealing and readily legible Greek font.
Features id the UBS 5 Reader’s Edition.
- Every vocabulary word occurring 30 times or less is translated at the bottom of the page
- Idiomatic word combinations defined
- Difficult verb forms parsed
- Textual notes highlighting the most important differences between major Greek manuscripts
- OT references in the margin
- Appendix including vocabulary words occurring more than 30 times
- With the maps of the UBS Greek New Testament